What I Believe

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bible Study Blessings

Last fall I joined a Bible Study..  I didn't plan for it to change my life. I didn't even plan to go.  However, God had different plans for me.  My friends had encouraged me to join this bible study for 2 years.  I put if off and put it off until finally I agreed to check it out, just once, after all,  it was too far to drive and I didn't know many  people.  I went once and was hooked on the depth to the study.  We were given 7 pages of notes to read and at least 30 different scriptures to study. 

I was placed in a small group of women I did not know ranging from perhaps their late twenties to women my age--late forty in our minds we look like thirty!!  I grumbled in my prayers to God about this situation.  I wanted to make friends who lived near me and who were in my same stage of life.  God is His infinitely gentle, kind manner let me know that in this Bible Study, I was going to learn about Him and His love in a way in which I never imagined.  I was going to learn to know Jesus as a friend.   I was going to learn about the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

This bible study ended last week.  God was, is, and always will be correct.  I learned about His loving kindness, grace, and forgiveness.  I learned to count on Jesus as a friend, just as he was a friend to the disciples.  I learned of the power and comfort of the Holy Spirit.  Of course, I learned much more and of course, I made some dear, dear, friends in my small group. 

Now that the bible study session is over, I feel like the psalmist who wrote the verse below:

Psalms 42:2  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

I am searching for a study that I can work on at home.  I welcome any suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment