What I Believe

Thursday, July 29, 2010

White Water Rafting


White water rafting can be a great experience.  On this hot July 17 afternoon, it was not such a great experience for me.  We met our guides and got outfitted at the Nantahala Outdoor Center for the Ocoee River.  We loaded the bus and were driven to the river.   Our daughters were jealous of our Brad Pitt lookalike guide named "Cartwheel".   The trip was fine until we hit a class 3 rapid and I took a bounce very wrong and broke my leg.  I was taken out of the raft up a steep rocky bank by six guides and Pops (my husband).  The photographer who follows the river route stopped to give my husband and I  a ride back to the NOC so we could pick up a car and drive to the hospital. 

After all was said and done and I saw an orthopedist at home, it was determined, indeed that my tibia had been fractured and I was to stay off of it for at least 3 weeks, maybe more.



I am in week two of the healing process.  Because there is not much to do when one cannot walk around, I am starting again with the blogging and hope to have more succes than I have in the past.  Be patient with me because I am just learning how to do this picture thing.

Below is the picture of the kids and our guides.  Can you pick out the Brad Pitt lookalike? 


No comments:

Post a Comment