What I Believe

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

2010 was another year of adventure for my family. Memories were made that will last a lifetime. Joy, excitement, and laughter, pain, sadness and heartache touched every area of our lives. Through out everything was the love of God who so graciously blessed us. It is fitting to start off the year 2011 with a list of scripture that have been particularly important to me over the course of 2010.  I wanted to write just ten verses, but that just wasn't possible. 

#1 James 1:19
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry

#2 Proverbs 4:23
23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

#3 Luke 2:51
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

#4 2 Timothy 4:5
5 But you, keep your head in all situations,

#5 2 Peter 1:20-21
20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.


#6 Isaiah 31:33
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.

#7 Revelation 3:19-20
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

#8 Isaiah 30:18
18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

#9 John 14:6
6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

#10 John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

#11 Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

#12 Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding

#13 Isaiah 55:8
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

#14 Luke 18:27
27 Jesus replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."

#15 Philippians 4:12-13
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength

#16 John 15:11-17
11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

#17 Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

#18 1 Corinthians 13:4-84 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

#19 1 Corinthians 13:13
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

#20 Psalm 23 A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

What are some of your favorite verses for the year? Are any of the above verses special to you? Why?
I look forward to learning your favorite verses!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment