What I Believe

Thursday, January 6, 2011

If you give a moose a muffin...

I feel like the moose in the popular children's book If you Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
Pops gave me two great gifts this Christmas, but now I am seeing that since I have these, I need this and I need that to go with the gift.  Pops was at one time in the fence industry and had a wrought iron shop at the fence business.  That was many years ago, but his love of wrought iron remains.  He has designed a bed for our oldest daughter, and two lamps for our living room.  This year, he designed a chandelier for both our foyer and dining room.  We had seen a similar chandelier while visiting New Mexico last March with Emma Jane on her class trip.  Pops took pictures and decided to have one built according to his specifications.  See pictures below:


Emma Jane inside the chandelier.



The Lift in the foyer to hoist up the chandelier

Pops putting on the finishing touches!

Pops at the top of the foyer preparing the way for the new chandelier!






Finished!  It's Beautiful!



So how am I like the moose in the book.  Well, now that I have two new chandeliers, I need a new dining room table because the legs are just too fancy and the mantle needs to be a wee bit more rustic.  That's all at least for now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment