What I Believe

Friday, August 13, 2010

Making olive sandwiches

Tonight is my supper club.  I am excited about going somewhere.  Getting out of the house is such a big treat for me now that I cannot just go on a whim.  I decided to make olive sandwiches.  A friend of mine brought some over for dinner along with chicken salad and fresh fruit the other day and we just gobbled them down. Emma Jane was the only daughter home--she helped me gobble these light treats.  Since I had never had olive sandwiches, I decided to make these and take to supper club. 

Apparently, olive spread is a vintage recipe.  I found two or three and used these as a guide, but as usual, I just made it my own way. 

Ingredients: 
2 8 oz cream cheese
1 cup chopped olives (I used green)
1 tbs olive juice
1 cup chopped pecans


Directions:  Soften the cream cheese and add chopped olives and pecans.  Blend with a mixer.  Add olive juice to soften and make it easy to spread.  Spread on bread or crackers to serve. 



Mix everything with a hand held mixer, add olive juice as needed.


Spread on bread, I cut them out with a flower cookie cutter.



Add a sliced olive to make the center of the flower.


a little smudged, but delicious






No comments:

Post a Comment