What I Believe

Monday, August 2, 2010

Love is Patient...

I am again reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.  I could read it every day as a reminder of the ways I should behave.   Over the past two weeks I have learned about patience.  With a broken leg, things don't happen quickly.  I have to wait to have help into and out of the shower.  I have to wait for someone to take me somewhere because I cannot drive.  I have never before in my adult life been this dependent upon others.  Several years ago, I might have been grouchy, grumpy, and depressed at my dependence.  But now, I am happy to have people who can take care of my needs.  I am learning that I don't have to have my way right now, when I want it.  It is alright to wait, in fact, it can be good.  I suppose I am learning humility because it is hard to be proud when you cannot put on your own clothes or make coffee. 

There is a challenge in the book Becoming a Woman Who Loves, to read the verses in 1 Corinthians 13 everyday for 3 months.  Everytime I read it I seem to become more aware of my actions and inactions  God's word is a powerful force.  Will you join me in trying to read these verses for three months? It will be a great way to start each day.  Imagine all the changes that can take place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment