What I Believe

Monday, August 30, 2010

This week we are trying some new recipes.  I have not been cooking for about 6 weeks, and I am ready now to try something new.  I went to All Recipes to look through my recipe box. If you want to try their recipes, just go to the website and do a search of recipes to find what you want.  They will send you emails of new recipes if you like.  We are trying the following recipes this week:
  • Four Cheese Margherita Pizza
  • Beef & Bean Chimichangas
  • London Broil
  • Zucchini Risotto
  • Bacon Cornbread
  • Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Pops has tennis tonight and doesn't like to eat before he plays.  Elle and I are going to have the Four Cheese Margherita Pizza.

I altered the recipe from the website a teensy weensy bit.  (I always do this, I can't help it)  I mixed together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 TBS minced garlic, 1/2 tsp sea salt with 4 sliced Roman tomatoes.  I also added in 1 TBS basic blend from publix (it is basically olive oil and fresh basil in a squeeze tube).  I let these things sit for about 10 minutes while I prepared the Boboli pizza crust but brushing it with the juices from the bowl of tomatoes. 

Next I put a layer of the tomatoes on the pizza crust.  The recipe calls for Mozzarella, Fontina, Feta, and Parmesan cheeses.  I could not find Fontina at the grocery store today and didn't want to ask Pops to go on a search for it.  (He helps me grocery shop since my accident--I could give Jeanne Robertson some new lines for her stand up comedy routine about grocery shopping with husbands.)  We didn't have fresh Parmesan. Elle doesn't like Feta.  I topped the pizza with mozzarella and one slice with  Feta.  There were a few slices of tomato left in the bowl and Elle and I ate as appetizers. 

Here is the pizza before it went into the oven--



Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees.  It comes outlooking like the picture below.

                 
Elle gave it a thumbs up.  It was delicious and we had enough left over for lunch tomorrow. 

Ok, so to tell you about the grocery shopping trip with Pops.  I had already made out the grocery list using All Recipes list maker.  I love that feature.  I also had a list of ingredients for Brunswick Stew that I am cooking this weekend from my brother's retirement party.  I gave Pops the Brunswick Stew list.  On it was listed a whole chicken, a roast beef, and a boston butt.  When I got home I saw that he had picked up pork chops rather than boston butt.  Not wanting to complain because I am truly grateful that he drives me around, I did not ask him why he got pork chops instead. He was  teriffic gathering things like toilet paper, milk, bread, and pimento cheese.  When I was almost finished, I asked him to get saline solution for my contacts and pointed him toward the pharmacy aisle.  While we were checking out, I noticed that the container of saline solution had changed since I last made a purchase. Upon close examination, I realized he had picked up nasal saline solution.  I couldn't stifle a laugh.  I decided to get the saline solution another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment