What I Believe

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fat Burning Recipe

This is the first time in 6 weeks that I have cooked breakfast.  I wanted to try a new recipe I saw in my Health magazine.  The recipe is Blueberry Oak Pancakes with Maple Yogurt.

I followed the ingredients list exactly as it is listed in the magazine.  This is an easy thing to make because everything goes into the blender. The ingredient is short containing :  rolled oats, cottage cheese , eggs, and vanilla.  The syrup/yogurt recipe called for yogurt and maple syrup.  Sounds easy enough.

My Pictures looked almost identical to the pictures in the magazine.  I have a little more work to do however with food photograph and food presentation. 

Blueberry pancakes in nonstick skillet. 



Looks just like the Health photo.

The pancakes were good to me.  I felt the need for syrup rather than maple yogurt and it was good.  I also thought they might be good with powdered sugar.  I preferred the syrup to the powdered sugar.  Since these are supposed to be Fat Burning pancakes, I tried them with molasses also.  Molasses is full of potassium which is good something.  The molasses flavor proved too strong for me. 

The pancakes are included in Health's new book titled, "The Carb Lovers Diet".  The magazine article mentions that the key to bumping up fat burning is to eat something called Resistant Starch.  I went to the website and found they the diet includes a workout as well as a definition of resistant starch  This might be a good diet for me to try.

Still waiting for Elle to taste the pancakes.  I didn't even try this out on Pops.  It it doesn't look like a pancake is supposed to look, then he is not about to try it just because it is healthy. 

I give the recipe a thumbs up.  It was tasty, and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment